What's up Riverton?

Here's something you probably didn't know about me, I'm sort of an adrenaline junky. I've chased Beracudas in Florida (although, I think 50% of that was stupidity, not just my need for a rush). I celebrated my college graduation by skydiving over the Salt Lake. On a trip to Ohio last year I rode the world's highest, fastest, steepest roller-coaster (at least, it was at the time. I think Tokyo has us beat by a few mph now). This year my goal is to ride the slingshot at six flags. So, when I saw the carnival at Riverton Park this weekend, I thought it'd be a fun trip for the nieces and nephews. I took them on a few rides, played a few carnival games, bought some funnel cake and then it was Aunt Kak's turn. I had my eye on one ride but wasn't too excited, afterall, it's just a carnival ride, right?

Well my friends, Spin Out is incredible, and completely worth your 4 tickets. I actually enjoyed it so much I took the sister-in-law back later that night for a ride. It's definitely disorienting and it gives your the feeling of free-fall for a continuous 20 seconds (or so). And just in case that wasn't exciting enough, there's always the added thrill that maybe the screws aren't exactly tight, ya know, being a traveling carnival, those rides are assembled in record time! Pretty exciting for our little Riverton, if you ask me. If you're looking for something to do on an evening this week, check out Carnival City at Riverton Park (12700 S. 1300 W.).

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the funnel cake is just as amazing...just about as close to Dunkin Donuts as you can get here in Utah (oh, make that two things you probably didn't know about me). Oh well, we all have our weak spots, don't we? :)

0 comments:

Blog Archive